If you wish to be considered for an open position, please submit your resume with your salary expectations:
- By email to email@example.com . Please include the job title in the subject line and attach your resume in Word format; or
- By fax to 804-288-2357. Please include the job title on the fax cover page; or
- By mail to Human Resources Director, 9101 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, VA 23235.
Certified Medical Coder
We are seeking a certified coder to join our team and support our providers. The coder will work in our patient accounting department located in the Southern States building in Richmond, Virginia.
Responsibilities include coding physician surgical services both in the hospital and outpatient setting, conducting missing charge audits for our providers, and assisting the billing staff with follow-up on denials and appeals. The selected candidate will assist with coding education for our physicians.
- Current certification as a professional coder and at least one year of coding experience;
- Knowledge of ICD-9 & 10, CPT and HCPCS codes (experience with E&M coding is a plus);
- Proficiency working with a computerized practice management system; and
- Knowledge of medical terminology, and surgical coding.
The ability to work accurately and efficiently as a member of our team of experienced coders will be essential to success. Professionalism and excellent communication skills are essential as the coder will interact with physicians, nurses and insurance representatives regarding billing inquiries.
We are seeking skilled, compassionate Registered Nurses to work at our Reynolds Crossing/Stony Point clinic and ambulatory surgery center in Richmond, Virginia.
The nurse will assist with urodynamics (UD) testing and tasks related to that function such as interpreting procedure results and providing patient teaching. Although most UD testing is done at the Reynolds Crossing office,this service may also be provided at our Stony Point office. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to support our urologists in clinic and provide patient treatments under the supervision of a physician. Training in urodynamics will be provided along with orientation to clinic office nursing procedures.
We require at least one year of nursing experience in a hospital or office setting, current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing,current CPR certification, and prior EMR experience. Urodynamics or urology experience is very strongly preferred. In addition to clinical expertise, this position requires excellent organization and time management skills, and computer proficiency. The office nurse will work Monday through Thursday, 9 hours per day, and 4 hours on Friday morning with occasional Friday afternoon work required at the Stony Point office. This individual must have the flexibility to work at our other Richmond-area offices as needed.
Ambulatory Surgery Center
We are expanding our staff and looking for an additional Pre-Admission Testing (PAT), Operating Room and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Registered Nurse.
The duties of the newly created PAT RN include:
- Perform pre-operative assessment;
- Obtain and document patient’s past and present medical history/assessment;
- Determine appropriate pre-admission testing (i.e. labs, EKG);
- Obtain labs and generate lab order.
The duties of the OR RN include:
- Work in the surgical scrub position or the circulating position;
- Prepare patients for their procedure, start IV’s, complete paperwork and secure signed consents;
- Maintain and responsible for a sterile field, sponge and instrument count.
The duties of the PACU RN include:
- Receives patients post-surgery and recovers them in a timely manner while ensuring the patient can be safely discharged; Conducts patient and family education and ensures the patient has a post-op appointment to return for follow-up;
- Reviews patient charts for completeness and calls patients to provide instructions prior to surgery; and
- Calls post-op to check on progress and answer patient questions regarding their procedure and recovery.
All positions requires prior related work experience, licensure as a registered nurse by the Virginia State Board, and current CPR certification. Urology experience and ACLS certification are a plus.
Our surgery center is open Monday through Friday with no on-call, night, weekend, or holiday work.
We are adding a Communication Specialist to our team! The ideal candidate is professional, enthusiastic and service-oriented. The Communications Specialist answers a high volume of incoming calls, makes patient appointments for clinic office visits, and directs callers to physicians and staff throughout our practice. The ideal candidate will have a clear and professional speaking voice, answer calls with a smile, and enjoy communicating with and assisting our patients. At least one year of call center customer service experience is required. Accurate typing, spelling, grammar and computer keyboarding skills are required to document and route calls in our electronic medical records system. Training in our computerized phone system will be provided. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position located in the Southern States building.
Virginia Urology is growing and we are seeking professional, enthusiastic and customer service-oriented Patient Representatives to work in the front office of our busy Stony Point clinic. Our patient representatives are trained in the duties of check-in, registration, and check-out and work in all three of these positions on a rotating basis to maintain versatility. This position’s responsibilities include:
- gathering insurance, demographic, and referral information from the patient;
- updating the medical history and entering that information into an electronic medical records system;
- collecting any copayment or deductible that is due;
- ensuring that all services rendered are reflected in the record of the patient’s visit; and
- scheduling follow-up appointments.
Every aspect of the patient representative job requires great attention to detail to ensure that medical and insurance information is collected efficiently and entered accurately into the electronic medical records system. Speed, accuracy and proficiency with a computer are essential to help keep the clinic schedule on time and minimize patient waiting times. This position also requires excellent communication skills, a warm and welcoming manner, flexibility and teamwork. The ideal candidate will have the ability to remain organized, productive and patient-focused even when dealing with multiple requests and interruptions.
Although this position will be based at the Stony Point office, the selected candidate must have the flexibility to work at our other Richmond-area locations on an occasional basis when needed. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for benefits. While in training during the first several weeks of employment, the patient representative will work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Virginia Urology prides itself on its highly-trained staff and is home to over 45 providers, including urologists and urogynecologists who work alongside physicians specializing in the urologic aspect of anesthesiology, pathology, radiation oncology, and radiology. The group has fellowship-trained urologists spanning nearly every discipline within the field of urology and prioritizes use of the latest technology. In 2016, Virginia Urology performed over 25,000 cases, including over 100 PCNLs, 350 robotic/laparoscopic prostatectomies, and 300 laparoscopic partial and total nephrectomies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Urology residents for a fellowship position beginning Summer 2019. Virginia Urology’s 12-month fellowship training programs integrate medical and surgical approaches to urologic care in a comprehensive training environment. Fellowship opportunities are available in several different areas:
- Endourology and Stone Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Urology (including Women’s Health exposure)
- Male Infertility/Microsurgery/Andrology
- Urologic Oncology
- Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Each fellowship training program offers a variety of challenging clinical experiences and the option to participate in research while supported by a full research department. Customization of time allocation is possible for all tracks. Fellows work alongside fellowship-trained urologists and urogynecologists to gain a well-rounded understanding of specialty urologic care and practice management.
Fellows will be allotted a personal clinic of patients to foster the development of time management skills and maintain sharp ambulatory skills. Virginia Urology’s collaborative environment and ample support staff enable fellows to enjoy a balance between clinical training and personal interests outside the practice. Fellows will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including 3 weeks of vacation and all major holidays off.