If you wish to be considered for an open position, please submit your resume with your salary expectations:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the job title in the subject line and attach your resume in Word format; or
- By fax to 804-288-2357. Please include the job title on the fax cover page; or
- By mail to Human Resources Director, 9101 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, VA 23235.
We are seeking an experienced, service-oriented professional to manage the call center. The Communications Supervisor will be responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the call center, including but not limited to managing and monitoring the Communications Specialists to ensure positive patient interactions, accurate and efficient scheduling of patient appointments, appropriate transfer of calls, accurate and efficient communication of messages, and the proper execution of policies and procedures. The Coordinator ensures that calls coming into the call center are answered timely, that appropriate information is accurately collected, and messages communicated accurately to the intended recipient. In addition, the Supervisor will monitor the technology and EMR systems that support call center operations and ensure that calls are being handled efficiently and effectively and adjust staff assignments as needed to handle call volume. The selected candidate will oversee new employee and ongoing training to include use of the EMR, practice management and phone system, HIPAA policies and procedures and coach as needed to reach performance goals. Monitor call queue and calls to ensure employee engagement and proper handling of calls.
The Supervisor will be flexible and adapt to changes in work processes and functions; will exhibit professional behavior that promotes individual and organizational integrity; will maintain high standards for the call center staff; and will respond to the needs of others with effective communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow-through to generate trust and enhance effectiveness.
Previous experience working in a high-volume call center is strongly preferred. Prior experience supervising staff in a medical office or hospital setting is desirable. This position requires an associate degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, or related field. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Applications Support Specialist
Virginia Urology is seeking an experienced application user or support specialist with primary focus dealing with electronic health records systems (EHR). This position will be based at our Stony Point office in Richmond, Virginia. Occasional travel to our other offices is required.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Support with application issues.
- Ongoing applications support and maintenance to include knowledgebase updates and interface management.
- Answering help desk calls, adding help desk tickets, working incidents assigned, and communicating effectively to senior technicians/management required escalation
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware or software technical issues.
- Create and develop application support modules including form development, applying technical solutions to workflows, etc.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of workstations and peripheral devices.
- May assist in conducting or assisting with the conduction of user training.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, abilities and education:
- Prior work experience in a healthcare setting using a certified EHR, preferable Centricity CPS.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as with a team is a must.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills and attention to detail are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college and/or IT certification preferred.
The selected candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday – Friday.
We are seeking skilled, compassionate Registered Nurses to work at our Reynolds Crossing, Stony Point and Hanover clinic locations. Our nurses support a physician in clinic; provide patient treatments under the supervision of a physician; and assist patients who call with medical questions or prescription refill requests. We require prior office nursing experience, current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing, and current CPR certification. Med/surg nursing experience in a hospital is helpful. Urology experience is preferred. In addition to clinical expertise, this position requires excellent organization and time management skills, computer proficiency, and experience working with an electronic medical records system.
The office nurse will work Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and from 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday morning, with occasional Friday afternoon work at our Stony Point office required.
We require at least one year of nursing experience in a hospital or office setting, current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing,current CPR certification, and prior EMR experience. Urology experience is preferred. In addition to clinical expertise, this position requires excellent organization and time management skills, and computer proficiency. This individual must have the flexibility to work at our other Richmond-area offices as needed.
We are growing and seeking professional, enthusiastic and customer service-oriented Patient Representatives to work in the front office of our busy Stony Point and Hanover clinics. Our patient representatives are trained in the duties of check-in, registration, and check-out and work in all three of these positions on a rotating basis to maintain versatility. This position’s responsibilities include:
- gathering insurance, demographic, and referral information from the patient;
- updating the medical history and entering that information into an electronic medical records system;
- collecting any copayment or deductible that is due;
- ensuring that all services rendered are reflected in the record of the patient’s visit; and
- scheduling follow-up appointments.
Every aspect of the patient representative job requires great attention to detail to ensure that medical and insurance information is collected efficiently and entered accurately into the electronic medical records system. Speed, accuracy and proficiency with a computer are essential to help keep the clinic schedule on time and minimize patient waiting times. This position also requires excellent communication skills, a warm and welcoming manner, flexibility and teamwork. The ideal candidate will have the ability to remain organized, productive and patient-focused even when dealing with multiple requests and interruptions.
Although this patient representative will be based at the Stony Point office, he or she must have the flexibility to work at our other Richmond-area locations on an occasional basis when needed. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position that is eligible for benefits. While in training during the first several weeks of employment, the patient representative will work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We are seeking a Sonographer to join our team. The selected candidate will work PRN (as needed) at our Richmond area clinic locations. The Sonographer will perform quality ultrasound exams in an efficient and caring manner to acquire optimum diagnostic sonographic information on a wide range of patients being evaluated for genitourinary (kidneys, bladder, scrotum, pelvic) problems. Integrates diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, outside imaging, patient history, physical findings and medical records to adapt sonographic examinations as needed and aid in diagnosis. Evaluates sonograms to acquire appropriate diagnostic information. Ensures quality imaging and proper labeling and forwards images to local PACS for dictation. Reviews ultrasound images with the interpreting Radiologist and provides a written summary of technical findings. Assists the Radiologist when needed to perform related procedures. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers and co-workers.
- Graduation from a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP);
- Active certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialties as appropriate;
- Current compliance with CME requirements for the specialties as appropriate;
- The ability to perform general abdominal/GYN scanning with Doppler as appropriate; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills and work ethic, and a professional demeanor when responding to patients/customers.
Experience in GU imaging (kidneys, bladder, scrotum, pelvic) is preferred.
We are seeking a Radiologic Technologist to provide x-ray services to patients at our Richmond-area offices on a PRN (as needed) basis. This individual will operate x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The qualified candidate will be a graduate of an approved radiologic technologist program, preferably with at least one year of experience as an RT, and will be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision. We require a current license and CPR certification.
Virginia Urology is seeking a CT Technologist (PRN) to join our team. The selected candidate will provide direct patient care primarily at our Stony Point office. Duties include preparing, operating and maintaining radiographic equipment to perform CT and X-ray exams, and assisting other members of the clinic staff as needed. This CT Technologist will work one day per week and Saturday morning clinic at the Stony Point office as needed. Additional shifts will be available to cover staff absences at all of our Richmond-area locations as needed. We prefer prior experience as a CT or X-ray technologist. This position requires the technologist to be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Virginia Urology prides itself on its highly-trained staff and is home to over 45 providers, including urologists and urogynecologists who work alongside physicians specializing in the urologic aspect of anesthesiology, pathology, radiation oncology, and radiology. The group has fellowship-trained urologists spanning nearly every discipline within the field of urology and prioritizes use of the latest technology. In 2016, Virginia Urology performed over 25,000 cases, including over 100 PCNLs, 350 robotic/laparoscopic prostatectomies, and 300 laparoscopic partial and total nephrectomies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Urology residents for a fellowship position beginning Summer 2019. Virginia Urology’s 12-month fellowship training programs integrate medical and surgical approaches to urologic care in a comprehensive training environment. Fellowship opportunities are available in several different areas:
- Endourology and Stone Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Urology (including Women’s Health exposure)
- Male Infertility/Microsurgery/Andrology
- Urologic Oncology
- Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Each fellowship training program offers a variety of challenging clinical experiences and the option to participate in research while supported by a full research department. Customization of time allocation is possible for all tracks. Fellows work alongside fellowship-trained urologists and urogynecologists to gain a well-rounded understanding of specialty urologic care and practice management.
Fellows will be allotted a personal clinic of patients to foster the development of time management skills and maintain sharp ambulatory skills. Virginia Urology’s collaborative environment and ample support staff enable fellows to enjoy a balance between clinical training and personal interests outside the practice. Fellows will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including 3 weeks of vacation and all major holidays off.