If you wish to be considered for an open position, please submit your resume with your salary expectations:
- By email to email@example.com . Please include the job title in the subject line and attach your resume in Word format; or
- By fax to 804-288-2357. Please include the job title on the fax cover page; or
- By mail to Human Resources Director, 9101 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, VA 23235.
- Virginia Urology is an EEO employer.
Certified Medical Assistant
A Certified Medical Assistant is needed to support clinic operations at Stony Point and Reynolds Crossing. The CMA’s primary responsibility will be to support a provider in clinic by properly stocking, setting up and turning over exam rooms, and ensuring that there is a sufficient supply of the proper instruments and equipment. When needed, the CMA will take and record patient vital signs, order and stock supplies, assist with the sterilization of scopes and other instruments, and support other clinic operations. This individual must take the initiative to complete tasks efficiently and correctly without on-going supervision.
A current certification or registration in medical assisting is required. The CMA also must have at least one year of experience as a medical assistant, a high school diploma or the equivalent, good computer keyboarding skills, the ability to work effectively as a team member to support clinic operations, and a professional demeanor when interacting with physicians and co-workers. This job requires the ability to stand and walk throughout the work day and to safely lift up to 20 pounds.
The CMA will work Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and from 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday morning. Once every six to seven weeks, the CMA will be scheduled to work on Friday afternoon. Occasional travel to other office locations is required. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package.
Director, Advanced Imaging
As a result of our continued growth, we are adding a full-time Director to lead our team of skilled MRI and CT imaging professionals. The Director of Advanced Imaging will work at our Stony Point location in Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of MRI/CT and PACS system. Working closely with the Medical Director of Radiology to ensure the quality of exams and the safety of CT and MRI patients will be critical.
- Managing clinical operations of the department including personnel, equipment, and scheduling.
- Assisting with any COPN applications for expansion of imaging capabilities.
- Maintaining the PACS system to include adding modalities, new users, exporting images, importing images and training for new employees. Correct patient demographics for imported patient exams and correcting errors in the system.
- Overseeing and assisting with ACR accreditation for CT and MRI.
- Maintaining records and data, working closely with the medical physicist and field engineer for any inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Recording contrast reaction data and reports to the VU QI committee- attends Rad PEER meetings and Biannual dose reporting meetings.
- The incumbent will be a working director occasionally performing MRI/CT exams as needed therefore the position requires certification as a MRI and or CT Technologist.
The ability to think critically in complex environments, excellent communication skills, and current CPR certification are required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. ACR accreditation process knowledge is desired.
Virginia Urology is seeking a professional, enthusiastic and service-oriented Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist will answer a high volume of incoming calls, make patient appointments for clinic office visits, and direct callers to physicians and staff throughout our practice. The ideal candidate will have a clear and professional speaking voice, answer calls with a smile, and enjoy communicating with and assisting our patients.
At least one year of call center customer service experience is required. Accurate typing, spelling, grammar and computer keyboarding skills are required to document and route calls in our electronic medical records system. Training in our computerized phone system will be provided.
The selected candidate will work 40 hours per week.
Registered Nurse – OR
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate operating room nurse to work at our Stony Point ambulatory surgery center in Richmond, Virginia. This is a full-time position working in the surgical scrub position or the circulating position. Duties include:
- Responsible for delivery of perioperative nursing care to surgical patients.
- Maintains aseptic and safe environment in the Operating Room.
- Performs assistant, circulator, and scrub roles in the Operating room
- Reviews patients pre-op history prior to surgery.
- Provides assistance and support to anesthesia provider during induction.
- Monitors patients during surgical procedures under IV conscious sedation.
This position requires prior OR nursing experience, licensure as a registered nurse by the Virginia State Board, and current CPR certification. Urology experience and ACLS certification are a plus. Our surgery centers are open Monday through Friday with no on-call, weekend, or holiday work.
The full-time OR RN position is eligible for up to a $5000 sign on bonus with a commitment of 18 months.
Virginia Urology has an immediate need for a Surgical Technician to work in the operating room at our busy Stony Point Surgery Center. This is a full time position and the selected candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. This individual will provide technical support to the surgeon, nurses and anesthesiologist in the operating room. We require certification and at least one year of experience working as a Surgical Tech in an OR and current CPR certification.
Virginia Urology prides itself on its highly-trained staff and is home to over 45 providers, including urologists and urogynecologists who work alongside physicians specializing in the urologic aspect of anesthesiology, pathology, radiation oncology, and radiology. The group has fellowship-trained urologists spanning nearly every discipline within the field of urology and prioritizes use of the latest technology. In 2016, Virginia Urology performed over 25,000 cases, including over 100 PCNLs, 350 robotic/laparoscopic prostatectomies, and 300 laparoscopic partial and total nephrectomies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Urology residents for a fellowship position beginning Summer 2020. Virginia Urology’s 12-month fellowship training programs integrate medical and surgical approaches to urologic care in a comprehensive training environment. Fellowship opportunities are available in several different areas:
- Endourology and Stone Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Urology (including Women’s Health exposure)
- Male Infertility/Microsurgery/Andrology
- Urologic Oncology
- Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Each fellowship training program offers a variety of challenging clinical experiences and the option to participate in research while supported by a full research department. Customization of time allocation is possible for all tracks. Fellows work alongside fellowship-trained urologists and urogynecologists to gain a well-rounded understanding of specialty urologic care and practice management.
Fellows will be allotted a personal clinic of patients to foster the development of time management skills and maintain sharp ambulatory skills. Virginia Urology’s collaborative environment and ample support staff enable fellows to enjoy a balance between clinical training and personal interests outside the practice. Fellows will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including 3 weeks of vacation and all major holidays off.