If you wish to be considered for an open position, please submit your resume with your salary expectations:
- By email to email@example.com . Please include the job title in the subject line and attach your resume in Word format; or
- By fax to 804-288-2357. Please include the job title on the fax cover page; or
- By mail to Human Resources Director, 9101 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, VA 23235.
- Virginia Urology is an EEO employer.
Health Information Technician
Virginia Urology is seeking an experienced application user or support specialist with primary focus dealing with electronic health records systems (EHR) and organizational applications. The selected candidate will focus on ensuring the accuracy, accessibility, and functionality of the systems being utilized. This position will be based at our Stony Point office in Richmond, Virginia. Occasional travel to our other offices is required.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Support with application issues.
- Ongoing applications support and maintenance to include knowledge base updates and interface management.
- Answering help desk calls, adding help desk tickets, working incidents assigned, and communicating effectively to senior technicians/management if escalation is required.
- Will be required to work independently and collaboratively to identify opportunities efficiency of business processes and support of the organizational information systems strategy.
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware or software technical issues.
- Create and develop application support modules including form development, applying technical solutions to workflows, etc.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of workstations and peripheral devices.
- May assist in conducting or assisting with the conduction of user training.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, abilities and education:
- Prior work experience in a healthcare setting using a certified EHR, preferably Centricity CPS (Athena Practice) or Athena One.
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as with a team is a must.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills and attention to detail are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365. Candidates with cloud-based solutions experience preferred (i.e. Sharepoint, Power BI, and/or Power Automate, not just basic Word or Excel)
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college and/or IT certification preferred.
The selected candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday – Friday.
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate operating room nurse to work at our Stony Point ambulatory surgery center in Richmond, Virginia.
This is a full time position working in the surgical scrub position or the circulating position. The selected candidate may assist with chart review on the day prior to the procedure, prepare patients for their procedure, start IV’s, complete paperwork and secure signed consents. The OR nurse may assist in recovering patients, escort them to the dressing rooms with family present, complete patient teaching, make post-op appointments, make post-op phone calls and other duties as assigned.
This position requires prior OR nursing experience, licensure as a registered nurse by the Virginia State Board, and current CPR certification. Urology experience and ACLS certification are a plus. Our surgery centers are open Monday through Friday with no on-call, night, weekend, or holiday work.
Licensed Practical Nurse
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to work at our Hanover clinic. Our nurses support a physician in clinic; provide patient treatments under the supervision of a physician; and assist patients who call with medical questions or prescription refill requests. We require prior office nursing experience, current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing, and current CPR certification. Med/surg nursing experience in a hospital is helpful.
In addition to clinical expertise, this position requires excellent organization and time management skills, and computer proficiency. The office nurse will work Monday through Thursday, 9 hours per day, and 4 hours on Friday morning with occasional Friday afternoon work required at the Stony Point office. This individual must have the flexibility to work at our other Richmond-area offices as needed.
Virginia Urology prides itself on its highly-trained staff and is home to over 45 providers, including urologists and urogynecologists who work alongside physicians specializing in the urologic aspect of anesthesiology, pathology, radiation oncology, and radiology. The group has fellowship-trained urologists spanning nearly every discipline within the field of urology and prioritizes use of the latest technology. In 2016, Virginia Urology performed over 25,000 cases, including over 100 PCNLs, 350 robotic/laparoscopic prostatectomies, and 300 laparoscopic partial and total nephrectomies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Urology residents for a fellowship position beginning Summer 2020. Virginia Urology’s 12-month fellowship training programs integrate medical and surgical approaches to urologic care in a comprehensive training environment. Fellowship opportunities are available in several different areas:
- Endourology and Stone Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Urology (including Women’s Health exposure)
- Male Infertility/Microsurgery/Andrology
- Urologic Oncology
- Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Each fellowship training program offers a variety of challenging clinical experiences and the option to participate in research while supported by a full research department. Customization of time allocation is possible for all tracks. Fellows work alongside fellowship-trained urologists and urogynecologists to gain a well-rounded understanding of specialty urologic care and practice management.
Fellows will be allotted a personal clinic of patients to foster the development of time management skills and maintain sharp ambulatory skills. Virginia Urology’s collaborative environment and ample support staff enable fellows to enjoy a balance between clinical training and personal interests outside the practice. Fellows will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including 3 weeks of vacation and all major holidays off.