Welcome to Virginia Urology’s Research Department.
As part of our commitment to provide excellent medical care in the specialty of Urology, Virginia Urology offers clinical trials to our patients as a treatment option to standard therapies. Clinical trials provide patients with an opportunity to try new medications and therapies prior to these treatments being available as a standard of care.
Our Research Department has been active in clinical trials for over 25 years performing phase II, III, and IV trials covering a range of urologic conditions.
Currently, we have clinical trials in the following areas. You may click on the link for more details for each study.
- Overactive bladder with urinary incontinence
- Men, aged 45 or older, with BPH or enlarged prostate and lower urinary tract symptoms
- Newly diagnosed prostate cancer patients who choose active surveillance for cancer management
- Bladder cancer that is not successfully managed with BCG
- Patients with high levels of oxalate in their urine who also have gastrointestinal issues, such as Crohn’s Disease or a history of gastric bypass surgery
If you are interested in participating in one of these studies, please feel free to contact us at (804)201-9374.