Causes of Impotence
It has been reported that as many as 30 million men experience erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. Impotence is defined as the inability to attain or maintain an erection of the penis for sexual satisfaction. As a result, a man’s self-esteem can decrease, as impotence becomes more of a problem.
There can be many causes of erectile dysfunction, including, but not limited to:
- Personal fears related to sex
- Faulty veins which allow blood to drain quickly from the penis
- Conditions that block the flow of blood to the penis
- Certain medications
At the Men’s Wellness Center at Virginia Urology, we offer a wide variety of diagnostic tests to identify the cause of ED. Our physicians at Virginia Urology have the knowledge and years of experience to help you with ED.
Learn More about Virginia Urology
If you would like to learn more about the Men’s Wellness Center at Virginia Urology, please contact our team of health experts. We will answer all of your questions concerning men’s health, impotence, and our other treatments and services.
We understand that impotence and erectile dysfunction can be difficult topics to discuss, however, with our team of medical experts, you can rest assured that you are in a safe environment with physicians dedicated to your health. We are here to help—learn more by contacting us today at 804-330-9105.
- Virginia Urology. Men’s Wellness. https://www.uro.com/services/mens-wellness-virginia/
- WebMD. Understanding Erectile Dysfunction. http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/understanding-erectile-dysfunction-basics