If you wish to be considered for an open position, please submit your resume with your salary expectations:
- By email to email@example.com . Please include the job title in the subject line and attach your resume in Word format; or
- By fax to 804-288-2357. Please include the job title on the fax cover page; or
- By mail to Human Resources Director, 9105 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, VA 23235.
Clinical Molecular Technologist
We are seeking a Clinical Molecular Technologist to work in our pathology laboratory in Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will perform qPCR on urine samples for the diagnosis of urinary tract infection and UroVysion™ FISH test for urothelial cancer under the supervision of a certified molecular pathologist.
- Perform routine testing, regularly scheduled quality control, calibration of equipment, preventative maintenance and proficiency testing following current laboratory procedures.
- Under minimum supervision, perform high complexity molecular testing of clinical samples (including DNA extraction, PCR amplification and downstream analysis) following established protocols.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain required record keeping in compliance with CLIA/CAP laboratory regulations
- Participate in continuing medical education activities to stay up-to-date and expand the scope of knowledge.
- Must be a motivated team player and possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- BS in biological sciences or a related field is required. Certification (or eligibility for certification) as a laboratory specialist in molecular diagnostics by ASCP or National Certification Agency is required.
- Prior work experience in clinical diagnostics OR completion of a laboratory training program is required.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology principles, proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques including PCR/qPCR and DNA/RNA extraction, general assay validation, quality control/quality assurance, and ability to follow standard laboratory protocols and independently perform routine laboratory testing is preferred. Experience with NGS is a plus.
The work hours for this position are Monday through Friday, eight hours per day. This is a full-time 40 hour per week position that is eligible for benefits.
Virginia Urology prides itself on its highly-trained staff and is home to over 45 providers, including urologists and urogynecologists who work alongside physicians specializing in the urologic aspect of anesthesiology, pathology, radiation oncology, and radiology. The group has fellowship-trained urologists spanning nearly every discipline within the field of urology and prioritizes use of the latest technology. In 2016, Virginia Urology performed over 25,000 cases, including over 100 PCNLs, 350 robotic/laparoscopic prostatectomies, and 300 laparoscopic partial and total nephrectomies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Urology residents for a fellowship position beginning Summer 2019. Virginia Urology’s 12-month fellowship training programs integrate medical and surgical approaches to urologic care in a comprehensive training environment. Fellowship opportunities are available in several different areas:
- Endourology and Stone Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Urology (including Women’s Health exposure)
- Male Infertility/Microsurgery/Andrology
- Urologic Oncology
- Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Each fellowship training program offers a variety of challenging clinical experiences and the option to participate in research while supported by a full research department. Customization of time allocation is possible for all tracks. Fellows work alongside fellowship-trained urologists and urogynecologists to gain a well-rounded understanding of specialty urologic care and practice management.
Fellows will be allotted a personal clinic of patients to foster the development of time management skills and maintain sharp ambulatory skills. Virginia Urology’s collaborative environment and ample support staff enable fellows to enjoy a balance between clinical training and personal interests outside the practice. Fellows will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including 3 weeks of vacation and all major holidays off.
Registered Nurse / Operating Room
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate operating room nurses to work at our Stony Point ambulatory surgery center in Richmond, Virginia.
This is a full time position working in the surgical scrub position or the circulating position. They also may assist with chart review on the day prior to the procedure, prepare patients for their procedure, start IV’s, complete paperwork and secure signed consents. The OR nurse may assist in recovering patients, escort them to the dressing rooms with family present, complete patient teaching, and make post-op appointments and post-op phone calls.
This position requires prior OR nursing experience, licensure as a registered nurse by the Virginia State Board, and current CPR certification. Urology experience and ACLS certification are a plus. Our surgery centers are open Monday through Friday with no on-call, night, weekend, or holiday work.
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
Virginia Urology is seeking to fill a full-time LPN or RN position for our Reynolds Crossing and Hanover clinic locations. Our nurses render high quality patient care at our Richmond-area clinic offices. Our nurses support a physician in clinic; providing patient treatments under the supervision of a physician; and assist patients who call in with medical questions or prescription refill requests.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, abilities and education:
We require prior work experience in office nursing, current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing, and current CPR certification. Med/surg nursing experience in a hospital is preferred. Urology experience is a plus. In addition to strong clinical expertise, this position requires excellent organization and time management skills, computer proficiency, and experience working with an electronic medical records system.
The office nurse will work Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and from 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday morning, with occasional Friday afternoon work at our Stony Point office required. The ability to travel between offices is required.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package.